Wednesday, February 13, 2008

to love powder, mountains, and quality time with new friends

I just came back from four days on the slopes of Winter Park Colorado. I'm a little tired, a little sore, and absolutely blow away by how good of a time I had.

In the spirit of the blog I'll list the things I learned first.

1) Flow bindings rule
Check them out. If you snowboard you need to get a pair of these.

2) Powder loves you
I've never snowboarded in powder until this past week. I've now been in powder up to my knees and I love it. Word of caution though: keep your tips up and your momentum moving. I can't count the number of times I was watching clouds from my back after sticking the front end of my snowboard into a deep drift and getting it stuck.

3) ISU scuba club people rule
I laughed so hard my sides hurt. 'Course, that could have been the snowboarding for four days in a row... but I'm going with the laughing.

Its been a while since I've had that much fun. (I've got the stories and bruises to prove it). I posted some of my favorite shots of the week online and the slide show is below. Ask me about it and I'll link you to the full gallery once its up.

No comments: