Wednesday, June 25, 2008

that it pays to know people

I went rollerblading with a friend last night that has spent some time as a personal trainer. Its amazing what you can learn from your friends.

Apparently the trick to pushups is to put a book under your stomach. When you hit the book you know you can start pushing up. Also, having your stomach hit the book keeps you thinking about it and you'll keep it tighter. My stomach was a little sore by the time I finished.

I think once I'm done with this program I'll switch to the other exercise I learned about. Get two dumbells and use them as handles as you do a push up. Then alternate: 1 push up, 1 left handed single hand row, 1 push up, 1 right handed single hand row. That will handle arms, pecs, back, stomach, and obliques.

Today's score card : 12 - 12 - 10 - 10 - 14
Current Max : 19
Total to date : 238

No comments: